Research links a good night’s sleep to better brain function, heightened creativity and higher productivity levels—and quality shut-eye often relies on a quality mattress. Beautyrest offers several types of hybrid mattresses with the goal of helping its consumers rest easy. This review can help you determine whether a Beautyrest mattress might be the right choice for you.
Beautyrest Mattresses at a Glance
Simmons Bedding Co. debuted the Beautyrest mattress in 1925 with its pocketed coil technology (metal coils wrapped in a fabric sleeve). In 1958 the company created its first-ever queen- and king-size mattresses. The brand is best known for its “bowling ball mattress” ads from the 1990s where a bowling ball was dropped on the bed to show how its hybrid construction resisted motion transfer.
- Accommodates various types of sleepers
- Mattresses use CertiPUR-US certified foams, meaning the materials are free of chemicals and heavy metals
- Mattresses are on the expensive side, with full-size mattresses ranging in cost from $1,079 to $2,629
- Hybrid construction may allow for some bounce that could disturb co-sleepers
Multiple sleep solutions: Beautyrest offers several mattress types and models with varying firmness levels.
Versatility: The mattresses feature coil technology and layers of foam that provide support and relieve pressure.
Customization: Beautyrest allows customers to customize their mattresses with options like cooling features and extra plushness.
Simmons Bedding Co. debuted the Beautyrest mattress in 1925 with its pocketed coil technology (metal coils wrapped in a fabric sleeve). In 1958 the company created its first-ever queen-and king-size mattresses. The brand is best known for its “bowling ball mattress” ads from the 1990s where a bowling ball was dropped on the bed to show how its hybrid construction resisted motion transfer.
The company offers seven Beautyrest mattress models, each featuring a hybrid construction of pocketed coils and foam. Each mattress can be upgraded with cooling technology and an extra comfort layer. Beautyrest mattresses are made with CertiPUR-US certified foams, meaning the materials are free of chemicals and heavy metals and meet low-volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and indoor air quality standards.
Beautyrest mattresses are available at retailers nationwide. They can also be purchased online and delivered via a white glove service.
Beautyrest Options and Prices
Every Beautyrest mattress features:
- Responsive technology that contours to the body
- Support systems designed to relieve pressure
- Sustainable fabrics
Learn about each specific mattress model in the table below.
|Model||Sizes Available||Price Range||Features|
|Beautyrest Harmony||Twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, California king||$999 to $1,499||Available in extra firm or plush; 13-inch height|
|Beautyrest Harmony Lux Diamond Series||Twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, California king||$1,999 to $2,699||Available in medium firmness or plush; 14.75-inch height; cooling and heat-wicking technology|
|Beautyrest Harmony Lux Hybrid||Twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, California king||$1,599 to $2,299||Firm; 13.5-inch height|
|Beautyrest Harmony Lux Carbon||Twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, California king||$1,399 to $2,099||Available in extra firm, medium and plush; 13.5-inch height; cooling technology|
|Beautyrest Black||Twin XL, full, queen, king, California king||$2,249 to $3,299||Firm; 13-inch height; cooling and heat-wicking materials|
|Beautyrest Black Hybrid||Twin XL, full, queen, king, California king||$2,349 to $3,399||Firm; 13.5-inch height; cooling and heat-wicking materials|
|Beautyrest by Nate Berkus||Twin XL, queen, king, California King||$2,049 to $2,699||Extra firm; 14.75-inch height; antimicrobial materials; sustainable fabrics|
Customization Options and Special Features
Customization options for Beautyrest mattresses vary depending on the model:
- Beautyrest Black Hybrid mattresses can be upgraded with an X-Class Plush layer for extra comfort for $200 and an X-Class Ultra Plush layer for pressure relief and comfort for $800. Other upgrades include the LX-Class Medium ($200) and LX-Class Plush ($400) for more support and cooling features; the CX-Class Medium ($800) and Plush ($1,100), which offer more pressure relief and a cashmere, silk and alpaca layer for extra comfort; and the KX-Class Firm ($1,500) and Plush ($1,800) with extra memory foam and higher pressure relief.
- Beautyrest Black mattresses are available with a cooling upgrade for $600 or a cooling and comfort upgrade with a plush pillow top for $800. Other upgrades include the L-Class Medium ($300) and Pillow Top ($600) with more support and cooling effects; the C-Class ($900) and C-Class Pillow Top ($1,300) with extra comfort and a soft silk, alpaca and cashmere layer; and, K-Class Plush Pillow Top ($2,200) and Firm Pillow Top ($2,000) with more memory foam for added pressure relief.
- Beautyrest Harmony Lux Hybrid mattresses feature a $300 cooling upgrade and a $500 cooling and comfort upgrade with extra plush layers.
- Beautyrest Harmony Lux Carbon mattresses are also available in a medium and plush classic top, each for an additional $200, as well as a $400 pillow top upgrade with a plush or medium firmness.
- Beautyrest Harmony mattresses feature a cooling upgrade for $300 and a cooling and comfort upgrade with a pillow top for $400.
- Beautyrest Harmony Lux Diamond Series mattresses can come with a pillow top for $300.
- The Beautyrest by Nate Berkus mattress can be upgraded with a pillow top for $300.
Apps and Accessories
Beautyrest features a line of bed frames and mattress foundations, including a flat foundation offering full support. Adjustable bases are also available to help further customize your sleeping position.
A line of bedding is also available, including a 500-thread-count comforter with natural goose down and foam pillows with cooling features. You can also purchase a waterproof mattress protector to protect your mattress from stains or spills.
Warranties and Discounts
Beautyrest offers a 100-night free in-home sleep trial. If the mattress doesn’t perform to your liking, you can return it for a full refund. The company also provides free returns and will arrange to pick up the mattress from your home.
Mattresses ship within two to four weeks and arrive via white glove delivery. The delivery person will deliver and set up your new mattress and remove your old one, along with all packaging. Beautyrest doesn’t ship to Alaska or Hawaii.
What Users Say
Simmons Mattresses, the manufacturer of Beautyrest mattresses, has a star rating of 3.7 out of 5 from ConsumerAffairs. Many users give their Beautyrest mattress a 5-star rating, saying it helped with their back pain. Others praise its comfort and durability.
However, several reviewers give Beautyrest products one star, stating that their mattresses started sagging in the middle or on the sides after a few months. Another user found the mattress to be uncomfortable and not worth the cost.
Who Should Purchase a Beautyrest Mattress?
Hybrid mattresses work well for hot sleepers since the coils make them more breathable, experts note. But before purchasing one, consider your sleeping position. Make sure you’re getting the firmness level you need. Experts add side sleepers need softer beds with pressure relief and a comfort layer while back sleepers need a medium-to-firm mattress and stomach sleepers need firm mattresses. Fortunately, Beautyrest has mattress options for every firmness level preference.